Icy treats just don’t get old in the summer heat. The other day I was blabbing about my love for birthday cake flavored ice cream when I shared these delicious Strawberry Shortcake Freezer Pops. As I was typing, I realized that I could make an attempt at creating a satisfying b-day cake ice pop instead of wasting my time trying to find the best eva cake ice cream. That way I could just grab one out of my freezer whenever I wanted. Plus, my kid loves it too.
Well, with no experimenting at all, these came together really nicely. Using vanilla pudding, whipped topping, cookies and colored sprinkles, with only 4 ingredients these really do the trick for me. They taste even better than some of the lame versions of the ice cream we’ve tasted on our quest for the best.
Isn’t it funny that birthday cake recipes are kind of a trend? I’ve seen all types of fun recipes around the web like birthday cake bars, shakes, fudge, cookies, cupcakes… like everything and anything. I like it a whole lot more than bacon, so it totally works for me!
All I know at this point is that I have a lot of working out to do with all these treats I’ve been consuming!
- 2 Cups of Loosely Crushed Golden Wafer Cookies (such as Nilla brand)
- 2 Cups Prepared Vanilla Pudding
- 1 8 oz Container of Whipped Topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1/4 Cup Colored Sprinkles
- Mini Bathroom Cups (3 ounce size) I used Dixie Brand
- Wooden sticks or lollipop sticks
- Extra Colored Sprinkles for decor
- Combine all of the ingredients together completely. Pour into your popsicle molds or optionally the mini bathroom cups and insert your wooden popsicle sticks or lollipop sticks. Optionally you can add some multicolored sprinkles in the bottom of each cup for decor. You could also dip in sprinkles before serving.
- Freeze for approximately 2 hours to set.
- Makes approximately 10 small bathroom cup sized pops.
: Have you seen other Birthday Cake inspired recipes on the web? Are you a fan? :
: If you had to pick a favorite, would it be birthday cake or bacon? :