Insomnia cake? Are you ready for a scrumptious cake that has like everything in it and still isn’t overkill in the sweet department? This was a huge hit with the hubs and son and I was also impressed. I haven’t had anything quite like it and it sure calls for a lot of yummy sweet ingredients. It comes together quite deliciously. This is definitely the best sweet dessert that I’ve made in a while.
When I first dug up this recipe from my mom’s old recipe box, I tried to come up with reasons why this would be called insomnia cake and the two best reasons that I could come up with are that it has so much sugar it might keep you up all night and/or someone had insomnia and basically raided their cupboards and tossed pretty much every sugary baking ingredient into this. Either way, it’s darn good and definitely a must try… at least once. I tweaked some of the ingredients to make it slightly less of a sugar overload and also to make it a bit easier to throw together. Hope you’ll give it a try! Great for an any day treat or event. Definitely a crowd pleaser and not to be fooled by it’s simple look!
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix Prepared According to Directions
- 1/2 Cup Seedless Raisins
- 1 Cup of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup of Butterscotch Chips
- 1 Cup of Chopped Nuts (Your choice, I used Walnuts)
- 1 Cup of Mini Marshmallows
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the yellow cake mix as directed, then add all of the remaining ingredients. Mix until blended. Pour into a non-stick pan and bake for 40-50 minutes until cake is cooked through. Use a toothpick or fork to test in the center of the cake, when it comes out clean, your cake is ready.