I have to admit that I’m developing a bit of an obsession with making my own frozen “popsicles”. With Spring in the air, it’s the perfect time to start playing around with some ideas for those long warm days. I still have some experimenting to do with this recipe, but they are definitely a “B” so far. I’ve never tried making any kind of “creamsicle” recipe until now, so on that note, these were different and pretty fun. Perfect for a little treat now and again and my son liked them too.
Upon pillaging through my mom’s old recipe box, I found this recipe for Weight Watchers. The original recipe calls for sugar free pudding and gelatin, but I personally can’t stand artificial sweeteners so I decided to use regular versions of the stuff. It also called for 2 small pudding cups, but I used 1 whole box of the regular stuff. It worked out pretty nicely and of course you could do the lighter version if you don’t mind the sugar free tastes.
With only 4 ingredients, this is super easy to whip up for a nice refreshing treat!
- 1 Box of Vanilla Pudding (Prepared)
- 1 Box of Orange Gelatin (Prepared
- 1 8 oz Container of Whipped Topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 Can of Mandarin Oranges (Drained)
- Mini Bathroom Cups (3 ounce size) I used Dixie Brand
- Wooden sticks or lollipop sticks
- Once you have prepared your orange gelatin, "rake" a fork through it to break up into small crumbles. Combine all of the ingredients together completely. Pour into your popsicle molds or optionally the mini bathroom cups and insert your wooden popsicle sticks or lollipop sticks. Freeze for approximately 4 hours to set.
- Makes approximately 15 small bathroom cup sized pops.
What are your favorite frozen treats?