Has it been hot lately or what? When it’s hot, I am on the search for cool treats. Now, I’ve had these strawberry shortcake ice pops on my mind for a while now. I actually purchased the ingredients a few weeks ago, but with all of our travels, didn’t have time to try them out. Now that we’re home for a bit, it was time to buckle down and give these little treats a go.
A while back I made some orange creamsicle pops and I wanted to try a similar ingredients to convert them. Plus, I have been on the hunt for the perfect birthday cake ice cream. (There is a point to this, I promise.) The past few I’ve tried were missing the contrast of yummy cake and the icing flavor. I feel like a total kid eating it, but darn can it be good when done right. Have you tried any “cake” ice creams? If you have found one that rocks, please let me know!
Well my point is, in attempt to get a cakey taste to this frozen pops, I used cookies. It worked out pretty well, yum yum! The consistency of the cookies is very similar to cake once mixed with the wet ingredients and then frozen.
These were so good that I actually couldn’t control myself and had to have another one after the first one that I tried. No shame in my game, a girl has to keep cool, ya know?
- 1 Cup of Vanilla Pudding (Prepared)
- 1 Cup of Strawberry Gelatin (Prepared)
- 1 8 oz Container of Whipped Topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1.5 of Chopped Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup (approx 24 cookies) Loosely Crushed Golden Wafer Cookies (such as Nilla brand)
- Mini Bathroom Cups (3 ounce size) I used Dixie Brand
- Wooden sticks or lollipop sticks
- Once you have prepared your strawberry gelatin, "rake" a fork through it to break up into small crumbles. Combine all of the ingredients together completely. Pour into your popsicle molds or optionally the mini bathroom cups and insert your wooden popsicle sticks or lollipop sticks. Freeze for approximately 2 hours to set.
- Makes approximately 10 small bathroom cup sized pops.
This recipe is definitely a keeper. My son is away for the week, so hubby and I get to eat up this whole batch. Yay us!
: What is your favorite frozen treat? :
: Have you ever had birthday cake flavored ice cream? :